Robbie must like the number nine. When he had an infection between rounds 3 and 4, he was in for nine days. The infection that just ended, was also a nine day stay.He spent the weekend in the hospital while we attended Kate’s graduation. While it appeared we placed him with expensive daycare it proved to be necessary as his blood counts were most sluggish to build. In fact, on Tuesday, the decision to release him came in mid-afternoon. He had to be pulled from play group to come back and receive platelets and pack so we could leave.He’s been battling a head cold atop the sluggish feeling from the recovery so Robbie has been resting a lot. However, he rallied on Thursday as Kate made a triumphant return home.Friday we returned to clinic and after much delay, they decided he needed more platelets. We were also told his ANC was 360, the count being a formula based on his various blood counts that determines when he can begin the next round. While he had been scheduled to begin Round 5 on the 23rd, the infection threw that plan out the window. The earliest was now going to be Tuesday, if his counts reached the 1000 minimum required. At 360 on Friday, it was an iffy proposition but he’s been known to double his numbers overnight so Tuesday remains a possibility.We’re all now starting to talk about his post-chemo care and cautiously start to make plans for the summer. Still, in the back of our minds, we know things can still change in the blink of an eye.So for now, we’ll enjoy having him home and happy.